5 Tips on what hashtags are, what they are used for, and how to use them
1. Hashtags are for search. Use hashtags that others will search for. A branded hashtag is most likely not searched for.
2. Keep hashtags relevant to your post.
3. Hashtags are NOT accessories! Don’t add them just to add them. Most posts look better without a hashtag.
4. Be sure you aren’t using any that have been shadowbanned, or nobody will see what you’ve posted.
5. Hashtags aren’t for Facebook. They have been shown to drive engagement down. Why would you want that?